Friday, June 28, 2019

Day 266: on entering the last hundred days

This is the first day of the last hundred days of my year-long blogging project. I am totally pleased with myself that I have not missed a day, though I have tweaked the clock several times to make sure I fit into the parameters. I intend to continue this blog after the initial project comes to a graceful conclusion, though I don't think I will be posting every day. If nothing else, I will be taking weekends off, perhaps holidays as well, and I will think very hard about posting during a Mercury Retrograde period. ;)

As I enter these last hundred days, I am finally seeing some shifting in my attitude. I'm not quite ready to sing about the hills and the Sound of Music just yet, but I am not nearly as dense and Heavy as I was when I started. A lot of this I attribute to working out with Himself as he rehabilitates his heart. I seem to be getting as much out of the sessions as he is, if not a little more. Today Himself and I tackled the Stairmaster, after which my legs were hating on me for a few minutes. I rested and finished up my day on the hand bike, after which my arms started hating on me for a few minutes. The stiffness and soreness were short-lived, though, as I rested and drank my water. Once again, I got my Sparkle on (aka, broke a sweat).

I move my body and breathe in more oxygen. I move my body and start dropping some weight. Right now, I'm down some 15 pounds from when I first considered Intermittent Fasting a few months ago, and some 25 pounds from my heaviest point. Not eating as much for as long is also helping me regain some focus and some Serenity. I'm no longer trying to Eat My Emotions as fast as I could shovel food down my throat, and I'm making an effort to eat more nutritious things and cut back on those comfort foods. I stray outside the "fasting zone" on occasion, but I've so far managed to get back on track within the next day or so. Tomorrow in fact I'm going to have a fruit breakfast because I had a little extra today.

I am still hopeful that I will finish this blogging odyssey in a radically different place than when I started it; at the very least, I have begun Unsticking myself in significant ways. This weekend I have that paperwork that I will tackle for good before I move on to the next task. As Himself will be fulfilling some commitments in San Diego, this gives me some windows of opportunity to get some good work done. Though my words might be few and my posts brief, I will be checking in.

Here's to everyone having a nice restful weekend before we enter the July Fry...and Eclipse Season.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your steps toward transformation. I am happy you are achieving goals through this blogging commitment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This blog has been my through-line. Sometimes it's "well, at least I got this done," and other times it's "I'm doing this every day, what else can I do?" I needed to do this to keep a log of my odyssey, if nothing else! :)

      Delete