Thursday, June 6, 2019

Day 244: on staying close to home

Our sanctuary-from-fumigation plans are coming together. It turns out we are going to be staying at the same place we went to all the way back in 2001, when we previously had to be fumigated. Himself has confirmed with the VFW that they will be paying for our lodging, which is a big weight off of our shoulders. Though the motel ownership has changed several times over the years, they still don't accept pets, but we have a Plan A and a Plan B for the cats, so I'm pretty sure they will be in good hands for the few days we'll be away.

The Queen Mother slept much of the day today, brought down by her Mystery Ailment of Nausea and Dizziness. I keep an eye on her when she's like this in case she does vomit; should that happen, we will be paying a visit to Urgent Care, but so far so good. I suspect that she internalizes stress even more than I do, and rather than express it, bottles it up so tightly that it oozes out as physical illness. I think some geriatric psychiatry would be in order sooner rather than later. 

Between keeping an eye on the Queen Mother and keeping tabs on Himself and the phone calls, I didn't get as much done as I had planned. I find sometimes that it's hard for me to get going, especially when I'm on the verge of diving down the rabbit hole of overwhelm. At one point I was wondering why we were trying to fix something that wasn't necessarily broken, and building up some resentment over it, but it looks like we're going to get a better deal in the end. 

We definitely need to make a run to Petco tomorrow, hopefully before Himself's chiropractic appointment. If the Queen Mother feels better, a meeting would be a good idea as well. All efforts are still being concentrated on preparing for the fumigation; prayers for a easy time would be most appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. I hope your stay away from home works out and all are situated in a place of comfort. Blessings as you move forward with your plans.

    ReplyDelete