Sunday, June 16, 2019

Day 254: on keeping the keel even

Another one of those "mixed bag" days...

On one side of the ledger I can put the unpacking of the kitchen "preservation" bags and reorganizing the pantry cupboards on the stove side of the kitchen. Somehow I actually freed up some space and arranged things more logically. I have a few lingering organizational thoughts about the top right cupboard, but that can wait till later in the week. 

On the other side of the ledger I need to put the cats. They are drinking and using the litter box just fine, but they are still not eating very well, and they were vomiting overnight - so much fun to wake up to! We're not taking any chances with them; so we're going to stop by our veteran-friendly veteranarian first thing tomorrow. Himself's first cardiac rehab appointment isn't until mid-afternoon, so that should still work out.

On this side of the ledger, the Queen Mother has been in a bit of a mood today. If the cats stay outside too long, she panics. As they aren't well, she panics. If she's not wanting immediate answers to her questions, she makes comments about things we discussed earlier in the day, or yesterday. I have to keep reminding myself: It's not her, it's her disease, and her mind is Simplifying, breaking down past and future to function merely in the Now. I'm beginning to wonder if she's starting to experience the events in her day "as if for the first time," and I'm thinking of treating her and her questions as if that were truth. This approach might just save the last bits of my sanity.

On that side of the ledger, I read the next chapter of It's Okay if You're Not Okay, which happened to be about Letting Go of What You Can't Control, and Remembering God/dess IS In Control, complete with an analysis of the Biblical story of Joseph. While my spiritual path is rather different from the author's, and of her intended readers', I am familiar enough with Joseph's story to understand her point, and more, take comfort from it. Although things aren't unfolding as fast as we'd like them to, or even necessarily as we need them to, we have been watched over and provided for by our Higher Power throughout all of these travails as we climb for the summit of our mountain. In reading over the exercises at the end of the chapter, I'm seeing a Fire Ceremony on the Solstice, yes indeedy!

So back into the Flow of Life we go, post-fumigation. Good thoughts for the cats would be appreciated as we figure out how best to help them de-stress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment