Saturday, June 15, 2019

Day 253: on cleaning up

I have Inkblot snoozing beside me and Pippa asleep on the Queen Mother's bed. Last night they snuggled together for the first time in a while, so I know they felt relief that the "ordeal" was over.

I have spent the day with my devices off and moved through it with an easy pace. I washed two loads of laundry - one of clothes, the other of blankets, and took everything to the nearby laudromat to dry out. Our beloved dryer, which has been in the condo almost since the day we moved in, was on its last legs prior to the fumigation, and finally gave up the ghost sometime during the fumigation, we think. 

At any rate, one dollar buys about half an hour of drying time, and the dryer actually works! We came home with dry clothes and blankets, but had to rush back to the laundromat because I couldn't find my keys when we stopped to get the mail. Somehow the keys had fallen out of my purse into the laundry cart; fortunately they were still there, untouched. Once retrieved, I got the day's mail and came home to prepare dinner.

Besides hanging up my clothes, I "rotated my wardrobe," moving the Winter clothes to the side and bringing forward the Summer clothes in my closet. I think this is the latest date I have rotated, as usually I need more Summery clothes in May, sometimes even in April. I made a mental note.

Yesterday we put away the things that belong in the bathrooms and unbagged everything that had been patiently waiting in the fridge and freezer; tomorrow I tackle the rest of the bags in the kitchen. Himself will be down in San Diego pretty much all day tomorrow, so I will be able to pace myself again quite nicely. Then I need to sit down to sort mail and plan out the next week. I also want to see about finishing up the latest mandala I've been coloring.

No comments:

Post a Comment