Thursday, November 1, 2018

Day 27: on filling time

Today started out as an "empty" day, but filled up quickly.

Himself took the car to the Mazda dealership to get the final (cosmetic) repair done; while he was gone, I helped the Queen Mother with breakfast, then showered and washed my hair. These days, I manage to wash my hair once a week, twice a week if I'm lucky. I was eating my breakfast when Himself came home; he showered while I finished up. Then we were off to take care of some errands...

First was a trip to the VA Outpatient clinic in Mission Valley for some x-rays. Himself's right hip has been acting up significatly over the past few days, and his doctor wanted to get a better look. Then we went to the County Registrar of Voters so that he could get a replacement of the absentee ballot that he put in a place so secure, he forgot where he put it. Next was a trip to the Mankind Dispensary to get some more CBD oil, which he takes every night to keep the polyps away. (It turns out his colon cancer was caused in part from a genetic condition  that filled his gastro-intestinal system with hundreds, if not thousands, of polyps. The CBD oil has been shown to reduce, if not eliminate, these polyps - and so far, it's working!)

After grabbing a pair of burritos and weaving our way through traffic, we made a couple of quick stops before we got home, to pay the car and phone bills. I finally settled down to eat right around 5pm, so I knew that I wouldn't be making it to the caregiver support group tonight. No biggie, in part because we're going to be attending a seminar tomorrow by SCRC, about "the Economics of Caregiving." Hopefully we can get some inspiration from this!

Besides, Himself needed to finish up the demand letter for his Personal Injury case. When he was done, I sat down and cleaned up the grammar. He's going to have one other friend look it over tomorrow before he sends it off.

Tomorrow is going to be an early day, so I think I will stop here and say I am complete. :)

1 comment:

  1. Being complete is an amazing accomplishment. Sounds like your life is busy and I am hoping you continue to find time for some self-care along the way.

    ReplyDelete