Saturday, November 17, 2018

Dsy 43: on helping out

So we have a friend who had a pretty bad fall a few months ago and had to be hospitalized because he broke his shoulder. He had two surgeries and two separate stints in nursing homes while he rehabilitated. This meant that he spent an extensive amount of time away from his home, and away from his cat.

Initally, Himself and I went over to our friend's place as we could, scooping out the litter box, making sure there was enough food and water, and putting down some wet food. When it became obvious that our friend wasn't going to be able to return home anytime soon, after the second surgery, he found a friend who would be able to foster his cat until he was ready to take her back. He's not there quite yet.

Today I drove our friend up to see his cat for the first time in quite awhile. She started purring the moment he picked her up, and pretty well purred the whole time I was there. The visit did them both a world of good.

Next month, our friend will be having a pair of cataract surgeries to restore his vision. With a new battery in his car, he expects to be healthy enough to be able to drive at the start of the new year, which is very good news indeed.

I did not feel like driving this morning when I woke up, but I managed to get myself into a decent mood by the time Himself and I had to leave the house, and I'm glad that I did. Tomorrow I will have plenty of time and opportunity to rest, as I return to my Moon Hut. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment