Monday, November 12, 2018

Day 38: on a rather uneventful day

Well, I had planned to be somewhat productive today, but that didn't work out quite as envisioned. I got the laundry done, and helped the Queen Mother with her shower, but that was about it. I never really managed to get out of first gear.

Part of it was getting off on the wrong foot in the morning, and not quite managing to reset; part of it was not knowing when the gas & electric technician was due to stop by today. He finally did, around 5:15. He checked the central gas furnace in our small crawl space; other than needing to replace the air filter - easily done with a trip to Lowe's - we were okay. Tonight we have blessed heat and feel much more comfortable. We might actually experience a Winter season this year.

Himself and I celebrated "Veterans Day Part 2" with a trip to Black Angus. Though it was a bit pricier than we had initially expected, we managed to cover the outing. Yes, I'm a vegetarian, and I didn't eat any meat...they had a veggie Cobb Salad (with asparagus and tiny mushrooms) which was so big, I will able to enjoy it tomorrow as well! We did pretty well celebrating this year. :)

I'm looking forward to tomorrow, as that will be the first of the two "Provider Appreciation" days I'll be attending this week. They won't be true respites, as I'll have one of my trusty notebooks with me to take notes, but they will be welcome changes of pace, and they will have free lunches. ;)

Although the wildfires are well to the north of where we live, the smoky haze is coming down our way, and my nose is taking the brunt of it. I've been sniffly-snorty for a day or so, and expect it to continue for a while yet. Along with your prayers, if you could pray for Rain, we in California would most appreciate it.

That's it for now. Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment