Monday, November 19, 2018

Day 45: on keeping an even keel

Looks like I'm going to get this one in just under the wire...

Definitely a mixed bag today. After a week of uncertainty, Himself was able to turn over his personal injury case to an attorney he knows. In return, we were able to get an advance on the anticipated settlement. Much of that money will go toward our hotel that we're staying at during the mass fumigation that's going to take place at our condo complex next week, provided the weather is nice. The rest has either gone to, or is going to go to, pay the most necessary bills. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if that's going to get us to the end of the month, as there is also grocery shopping that needs to be done as well! It does not end, at least, not right now.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with the County of San Diego to see if I can possibly get any more financial assistance. The forms they were supposed to send me "in three to five business days" arrived today, the day before my appointment -  and it turned out to be one piece of paper that refers to other forms in a packet yet to arrive in my mailbox. So, if you've ever wondered what Mercury Retrograde is all about, this is a prime example! I actually got a good laugh out of it. Fortunately, I have most of the required paperwork on hand, and the rest is easily downloadable.

We got the news we had been waiting for, yet it is but a drop in the bucket. Right now, I would ask everyone to pray for rain next week. Southern CA needs it anyway, and we could really use a postponement of that fumigation! That's all I'll say for today so I can publish this post. More (I intend) tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment