Friday, November 9, 2018

Day 35: on taking stock

First off, I want to say we are way south of the two fires that are burning near Hollywood. We are in San Diego county, and are unaffected this far. Pray for Rain to come and quench the flames. Thanks.

Today I looked over all the notes I took yesterday, and looked over all the forms we've received, and I came up with an Action Plan: documents to gather together, questions to ask, topics to research. As we have an appointment to have someone from our gas and electric company come out on Monday to check our furnace (in our little crawl space that wants to call itself an attic), I will be home on that day crossing items off of my list. We're having someone come to check the furnace because the first time we turned it on, I could smell something burning - usually not a good sign - and I shut the furnace off again. Fortunately, the smell went away, and a quick check didn't show anything amiss, but I'm not taking ANY chances.

This Sunday is also Veteran's Day, and as Himself is a veteran, he is planning to go out with some of his buddies Sunday and Monday to see what free meals they can get. I would like to go with them, but as I'm not a veteran, I would have to pay for my own meal, something I will need to see if I'll be able to do. Still, it's been fun looking at the list with all of the deals on it.

Next week also gives me an opportunity to practice Receiving, as there are two events geared towards Caregivers that I plan on attending because 1) they will have presentations I'm interested in, and 2) they will have free lunches. So there will be something for both of us next week :)

Tomorrow is my "daycation." Hopefully I can get out of my way to enjoy that too. I will be taking my mandala coloring book and some reading material, and probably this tablet as well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment