Friday, November 23, 2018

Day 49: on filling up my cup

Today Himself and I made a quick trip to the beach to celebrate "Blue Friday." It was a bit busier than I expected it to be. We could pretty well tell who was from the East Coast at the beach; they were the people wearing bikinis and shorts. After the recent cold snap, I'm sure the temperatures of San Diego feel downright balmy to them. ;)

I prepared the Queen Mother's dinner a bit early, so we could drive down to my cousin's house and dine with family. Thanksgiving is the one holiday my uncle Bob's family has traditionally come together for, arriving from hither and yon for a few days of feasting and catching up and playing games and sharing laughter. The festivities are somewhat tempered this year, as this is the first Thanksgiving without my uncle Bob. He passed away at the end of September, and his memorial service is tomorrow. This is how the family wanted it, so as to not have to gather twice in two months. I will go a bit more in depth tomorrow.

For the second time in two days, my belly is full, and as this is a later post, I will stop here. I shall be taking plenty of tissues with me in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment