Sunday, July 7, 2019

Day 275: on getting my act together

My plans changed today when the Queen Mother arose briefly, said she was not feeling well at all, and went back to bed. I made her some Jello and stayed home with her while Himself went to our Sunday support group. I enjoyed some egg sandwiches I made for myself, and I also made one for Himself as well.

The Queen Mother seemed to get better as the day went on, and had a bit more to eat. I am getting concerned, though, since these weird "spells" of hers are getting more frequent and more intense. They might also be tied to insomnia, as she mentioned that she didn't get a lot of sleep last night. Fortunately we have a doctor's appointment for her already scheduled for Tuesday, so we will definitely be bringing this up in conversation.

In truth, I was glad to stay home today, because I needed to get myself together and make the copies of the necessary paperwork that I am going to be dropping off tomorrow at the Credit Union. Yesterday I pulled together everything I needed to make copies of, which turned out not to be as hard as I thought it would be.

Not only did I finish off that task, but I also updated one of my budget spreadsheets and pulled the call log for the last few months. These items are for our legal and financial advisor, who may or may not become a significant player in all of this. We have an appointment to revisit her next Monday.

Tomorrow shall feature a visit to the credit union for both myself and Himself, to discuss a few matters and get some cash to pay a couple of bills. Then I will have a better idea of where I stand for the rest of the month. After all of the adulting is finished, we will head down for the next Cardiac session. I am looking forward to these workouts now, as I feel they are helping me to improve in both body and mind. 

Perseverance is my new word now. As Himself attempts to get positive results for his cases, I am doing my own legwork, focusing on getting some help for the Queen Mother (and myself if at all possible). I need to keep going and play out this game to whatever end awaits us; rolling over and praying that it all goes away is no longer an option.

Besides the physical legwork, I am also investing in some spiritual legwork as well: journaling deeply about all the Shadows that rise and ebb away, and meditating on the matters at hand in order to receive Divine Guidance. That's where I got the whole concept of Perseverance, in fact :)

Tomorrow I will be able to hit the ground running and start taking care of some very necessary business. Hopefully I will be met halfway.

No comments:

Post a Comment