Friday, July 26, 2019

Day 294: on ending with hope

Before my official Tea and Morning Pages time, I got a call back from the folks who are already helping us, Jewish Family Services, this time from the woman who helps with Alzheimer's - and other dementia - patients and their families. We had a good conversation and did a bit of brainstorming over the phone. I have an appointment to see her next month, and some "homework" to do in the meantime. Though nothing she suggested might actually play out, speaking with her this morning gave me an infusion of Hope. I updated my to-do lists and actually have some action steps to take next week.

The rest of the day was fairly calm...a quick grocery run to fortify us through the weekend, Himself departing for San Diego, making dinner for the Queen Mother, then myself. I napped briefly afterwards, and have kept it low-key this evening.

Himself is not doing well with the heat, and this is the second time he has put off a Cardiac session until later due to his sinus headache. He has to be careful, lest it bloom into a migrane. I'm considering a trip to SDG&E, or a phone call at the very least, to see if his cardiac issues (for which he needs to run the air conditioning more) might qualify us for a further discount. I'm already dreading the electric bill for this month.

We might work out tomorrow, we might not. It will depend on how Himself feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment