Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Day 292: on dealing with the "july fry"

We have officially hit the hot time of the year in my part of SoCal. Temperatures are in the low-to-mid 90's these days, and with some humidity factored in, it feels closer to triple digit heat. It's not like it is east of the Rockies, with temps in the 90's (and above!) with humidity to match, but for those who aren't fond of the heat, it's bad enough. 

Today Himself had a laundry list of things to do, starting with, appropriately enough, the laundry. His plans wound up changing fairly radically in the heat, and he wound up paring way back in his activities. I've called him "my Penguin" since I met him (he never liked heat to begin with), but after his heart attack earlier this year, his heat intolerance has gotten worse.

This wouldn't be too bad but for the fact that the Queen Mother loves the heat, since her osteoarthritis calms down enough for her to be out of constant pain. Were it strictly up to her, we might very well be living in the desert right now. All this means is that the thermostat argument is a bit more (ahem) heated these days.

Himself wisely waited until it had cooled down somewhat before going to his Cardiac session; I'm almost ready to return myself, as my Moonflow is nearly done. (Thank you perimenopause!) For dinner I indulged in my comfort food of macaroni and cheese today, with my usual salad. I took a break from my Shadow Work this evening, allowing for what I have done to process. 

Tomorrow is an open day. Right now I feel like I might try to gather up some loose ends that have been lying around for several days. Hopefully that will carry over to the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment