Saturday, July 13, 2019

Day 281: on sliding in sideways

First, let me backtrack to yesterday...

It was time for Himself's quarterly blood draw and CT scan with contrast, to make sure the cancer is still in remission. I should have guessed it was going to be a wild day when I saw Northbound I-15 was closed due to a gnarly traffic accident; it was later revealed that someone had been on the freeway and hit by several cars (!!) I don't know the latest details, but traffic northbound, as of about 8am yesterday morning, was. not. moving. Fortunately we were going southbound, but we were still delayed because 1) of looky-loo syndrome 2) during the Friday morning commute.

Anyway, we got to the VA at 8:45am. Himself went up and got his port accessed and the blood drawn, and set up for the iodine injection. We got down to Radiology at 9:10am and didn't think there would be an issue. He didn't get scanned until nearly 11am, partly because the Radiology folks were waiting on the lab results, and partly because one of the machines went down and had to be fixed / coaxed back to life. Fortunately, I had brought along a protein bar with my mandala book, so I wasn't completely starving, but I definitely appreciated lunch: personal veggie pizza with a kale salad. A little naughty, a little nice. ;)

After that, we went back up to get the tubing removed and the port sterilized for another month or so, then back down to the Pharmacy. They, too, were busy, as we had a bit of a wait until they called Himself's number. He filed his Travel reimbursement request for the previous month's Cardiac Rehab sessions while we waited. I suppose it was worth it, as they didn't just refill the one prescription he needed, they gave him a kit-and-caboodle's worth of meds! That I will sort out later. By the time all was said and done, it was about 1:40pm when we finally left the VA and made our way just a bit north to Scripps La Jolla. I had just about finished coloring in the mandala I had been working upon. I finished it today and posted it to my Messenger Stories, if you're interested.

We had thought we were going to arrive at the Rehab session earlier than usual; instead, we were a bit later than usual. Our workout wound up being about half the length it's usually been, though, because Himself's leg was acting up. He is going to have someone take a look at his leg to make sure there isn't a blood clot involved. We got out at about 3:35pm, but between a delay in getting out of the parking lot and wending our way home through Friday Evening Commute traffic, we didn't get home until about 5:15. I still had dinner to get ready for the Queen Mother and myself before we left for our weekly meetings! At least we got to them in a timely manner. We got home about 10pm, and I was too wiped to do any significant thinking or writing, hence yesterday's brief post.

Today I had a conference call at 10am, which I managed to wake up in time for. Unlike previous calls, there was a LOT of drama that unfolded. By the time we finally wrapped up business at 1:45 this afternoon (we normally finish by 12!), I was hungry and angry - not a good combination. I started crying and I could. not. stop. I suspect it really wasn't the drama of the call, but more the fact that this has been a very trying week for me, and I took the "opportunity" to have the good cry that I've been needing to have for a while. I needed some eyedrops afterwards to soothe my eyeballs. I also got around to eating, finally.

Before I wrote this blog, I thought I had found a video to watch about hammerhead sharks (one of my favorite things, because I'm weird), but the buffering on the tablet was even worse than the buffering on my phone, which was bad enough! Once again, Mercury Retrograde can kiss my arse, thank you very little!

Tomorrow I have been invited to volunteer at Pride at the Recovery Village. I'm not sure if I'm going. I've been before, and had a blast, but this year I'm concerned about the Queen Mother, and there's a part of me that would rather stay home and do some work on the computer. I'm still thinking about it, and will let y'all know what I choose to do tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm going to use more eyedrops.

No comments:

Post a Comment