Thursday, July 18, 2019

Day 286: on getting some answers

Getting up three days in a row (relatively) early is not my cup of tea, especially when I feel like I'm back to carrying the weight of the world upon my shoulders, so I'll cut to the chase...

Good news: the Queen Mother's liver panel came back normal (no hepatitis), though the ultrasound revealed that she had gallstones. It's not life-threatening, though.

Great news: Himself is still in remission. There is one nodule in his belly area that looks a bit suspicious, even though it shrunk (according to the latest CT scan), so they want to do another PET scan next time just to be on the safe side. The doctors were not super worried, though.

A miracle: Himself and I paid a visit "across the way" to one of his friends who underwent brain surgery yesterday. Today he was alive, and awake, and talking, and eating! The wonders of modern medicine are underestimated at one's peril.

It was a long day of collecting test results and appointments, and I didn't make my support group. We arrived home at 4:45, but after feeding the cats and getting the Queen Mother's dinner ready, it was a choice between going to the support group and fixing my own dinner. Food is going to win Every Time, as it did here.

That wraps up today, so now I'm going to bed and will see what is most needful to be done tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment