Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Day 285: on resettting

The cats woke me up before the alarm went off, as their bellies were wanting to be filled with breakfast. I turned on my phone after I fed them, and there was a message from Dr. M's office: today was good to go with a 10:15am appointment for the Queen Mother's ultrasound. Even when I gave her a head's up at 8:30, we barely managed to make it there on time.

The ultrasound went off without too much of a hitch. The biggest challenge was in getting the Queen Mother up on and down from the bed, but the tech and I managed that quite well. I'm neither a doctor nor a tech, so I have no real idea of what I was looking at on the screen, but my intuition was telling me something was not quite right. The tech said she couldn't give us any indications one way or another, but she said the radiologist would look at all the pretty gray pictures later on.

After we were done in Radiology, we went back up to Labcorp to get the additional blood drawn for testing. The good news, we waited only half an hour this time, and the Queen Mother passed much of the time in conversation with one of the other patients. The bad news: I didn't know until I looked in her purse that she had removed her wallet with her ID cards in it, so I didn't have any identification for her. Forturnately, between giving the receptionist her birthdate and the fact that we had visited there the week before, they were able to pull up her records and Dr. M's orders. The blood was drawn and we returned home.

After I got mom's breakfast together, I had some cheese and nuts for a lunchtime snack, then pretty well crashed. I had faced enough and my brain insisted upon a nap. So while Himself went to his next Cardiac session, I joined the Queen Mother and the cats in an extended siesta. Saturday's plans unfolded, in part, today, and I did not object.

Tomorrow Himself has a couple of appointments, including the all important Oncology Follow Up, at the VA Medical Center, so I will be getting up early-ish once more. There will be a caregiver support group in the afternoon, which I will try very hard to make. I am definitely needing a check in with my peeps!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get good news today. We got back from my spouses colonoscopy and all was great. The doc wasn't sure we would get the great results so I am grateful. You guys need some terrific news today. Hugs and good thoughts sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did get good news today, which will need to wait till tomorrow, as I am nearly cross-eyed and very much in need of sleep!

      Delete