Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Day 299: on establishing a theme

The theme of this week seems to be Flexibility.

Himself's money was deposited in his account today, so after his eye appointment, we were going to pay some bills and do an in-depth grocery run. The Universe, apparently, had other ideas: while we were having lunch, a call went out from the Alano Club (where Himself is still an active member) for someone to cover the evening shift tonight. Himself was the only person free to do that, so I needed to drive him down, because his pupils were still rather dilated from his exam. It reminded me of having the on-call pager at the answering service, back in the day: if you had it, and it went off, you either had to find someone who could cover the shift or you would have to go in yourself. No one liked having the pager for their assigned week.

For the record, everything in his eyeballs is relatively stable at this point. He does have the beginnings of cataracts, but at this time it's no biggie. We both managed to score some decent "free sunglasses," though I can't read anything when I'm wearing mine.

At any rate, I wasn't able to use our transponder to take advantage of the carpool lanes on the 15, because only carpoolers were able to use the lanes for the Northbound "evening" commute. I wasn't too delayed in getting home, but I did need to get the Queen Mother's dinner ready right after I walked in the door. She informed me that our next door neighbors dropped off a whole Rotisserie chicken for us while we were out. I was floored; the carnivores of the family would eat well tonight, and tomorrow too.

Personally, I'm in my tenth year of vegetarianism, and easing my way back into veganism. It works for me.

I picked himself up a little while ago, and he stopped into Target to get some water. He also got me a bit of dark chocolate as a token of sympathy for my challenging commute home. I appreciated it very much.

Hopefully the flux of the week will settle down a bit tomorrow. Good news, Mercury has stationed direct. Woohoo! Now I will dip my toe back into social media and catch up with the latest foster kittens! Human babies don't do a whole lot for me, but I swear some of those super cute kitten videos have made me ovulate! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment