Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Day 291: on clearing a path through

We actually got up and going in plenty of time to make it down to San Diego to the Compensation and Pension building, so well that we were actually a few minutes early for once. I had taken my mandala coloring book, but my mind was not in the mood to cooperate, so I wound up looking at all of the pretty pages I had already colored instead.

When Himself was called back, the doctor who met us at least appeared to be sympathetic to our cause, especially when he shared that both of his parents had been forced to "correct" their left-handedness when they were growing up, which is still one of the stupidest things I have ever heard of. After half an hour of questioning, along with a brief examination of both Himself and his records, the doctor sounded pretty confident that Himself would indeed be Certified in his left hand - and that the Carpal Tunnel was indeed traceable back to his time in active duty in the Navy. 

After we left the Compensation and Pension folks, it was off to breakfast at Denny's. We had just enough to get some coffee (for Himself) and tea (for Myself) and a short stack of pancakes for each of us, thanks to their "cheap eats" menu. As we were waiting for our pancakes, Himself's Veteran's attorney called, and they discussed the situation. The next step will be for the VA to send Himself a Statement of the Case, which he will share with the attorney, and then the next round of arguing can begin.

Himself had more Club business to attend to, and I was not really feeling up to accompanying him on adventures that might not finish in a timely manner. I honored my No by voicing it, and he honored my No by taking me home. The Queen Mother was finishing up her breakfast when we arrived, then Himself went back down to the Club.

While mom went online to read and respond to her emails, then played some Solitaire, I had myself my promised nap. I woke up in time to help her with her shower, which she takes once a week; more often is too painful for her these days. Once she had lotion applied to her back and legs, I thought I would go back to napping, but it seems I was good to go, so I did a bit of Shadow Work instead through some timed writing exercises. I have felt so frustrated by Ambiguity in my life, I wanted to find out Why. I found the real cause of my frustrations, and have some new prompts to work with. More to be revealed later...

I finished up in time for dinner for everyone, cats and people alike, and wound up having spaghetti (with a side salad; I try to have a salad with most every dinner) this evening. Himself came home a bit earlier than usual, so it's been a restful evening. We shall see what wants to unfold tomorrow, and whether any plans need to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment