Saturday, July 20, 2019

Day 288: on taking advantage, once more

Had an easy day today. :)

Managed to keep Himself at home long enough to run over to Target and grab some things that the Queen Mother had run out of; got some iced tea while we were at it. Then Himself went back down to San Diego to see if there were any other fires to put out, while I stayed home.

I finished coloring my mandala, but didn't post it. Not sure if I will in the future. While coloring, I turned on Pandora and listened to some music, first the Meditation station we had "created," then some Middle Eastern / Indian music from another station, when I felt like picking up the pace a little.

Besides listening to Pandora, I did something else that I hadn't done in too long: took my little portable chair and sat Outside under the maple tree that is in front of our home. The cats stayed near me while I put my bare feet on the grassy lawn and listened to the birdsong and watched butterflies flit by - all because I rescued a grasshoper that Inkblot had brought in the house, and thought it was way too nice of a day to let go to waste! Let me see if I can cut through the cortisol haze and sit outside more often!

Tomorrow Himself will be going Yet Again to San Diego, so I will see about making it a day for some Huswifery! I really need to tackle the mess again.

2 comments:

  1. Self-care is often the most difficult thing to make time for. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not really a matter of time for me, it's often more a matter of motivation, "Oh yah, I have free time now. Let me use it for Self-Care" is something I'm working on. ;)

    ReplyDelete