Friday, August 2, 2019

Day 301: on finishing as we started

The lessons of Flexibility kept coming today, and we are finishing as we started: shuffling around ye olde To-Do List to make room for the Actual Happenings of the day.

To wit: I calculated how much I would need to pay the bills that were not automatically paid out of our account. I went to the credit union and took out the necessary funds to pay these bills. I was not, however, able to pay them today, as we went for an oil change instead. What was going to be "quick and cheap" turned out to be not so quick nor so cheap, mainly because our air filters desperately needed replacing (and why had this been overlooked by the dealership in the past? Things that make you go "hmmm.") At least Himself was able to refund me when I paid for the oil and filter change, as he went to pay and suddenly found himself without a wallet. It turns out it was in his other pair of shorts at home.

We had just enough time to return home so I could prepare the Queen Mother's dinner before we were off to San Diego and the Alano Club, bypassing the worst of the Friday commute traffic as we went. Then Himself sprung for pizza and a salad once we were there, and I was happy. Don't tell anyone else this, but I was grateful for the respite. ;) After I ate, I tended to my meeting (as I am the de facto leader on the first Friday of every month), then went back to the Club to collect Himself.

I am home now, tired and ready to rest. Tomorrow will be a decent day as we are going to get that rear windshield finally replaced! We will see what else unfolds...

No comments:

Post a Comment