Thursday, August 22, 2019

Day 321: on remembering "the rest of the story"

Today I was reminded of what had not changed: the cats will still snub food that I put down for them. The Queen Mother will tell me what's on her mind, good bad and indifferent, before she forgets it entirely. Himself will be called in on an "emergency basis" because someone flaked on their shift at the Alano Club. The "outside world" will once again seem to lose its collective mind. I will wind up feeling just enough out of sorts that macaroni & cheese for dinner sounds like a really good idea. Oh yes - and the ants are still refusing to cooperate with me. 

At least I can begin to look forward to a well-deserved vacation: Seattle, WA, early November. Goddess willing we won't be derailed this time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment