Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Day 313: on needing more stepping

First, the Important Development: Himself had a vascular study done on his legs today, and it was confirmed that he DOES have something wonky in his right leg; a partially clogged femoral artery, in fact. I knew something was amiss when I looked at the monitor and saw the blood pressure in the right leg was much lower than it was in the left leg, the irony of that being that it was his left leg that was rather crunched in a bicycle accident in 2008 (he lost an argument with a car). There are surgical options, but he was advised that surgery was really not necessary at this moment. The best thing he could do was more walking, in fact, so we're going to figure out what the best way to accomplish this would be.

We got to the VA Medical Center an hour after we initially expected to, because we needed to fit in a shower for the Queen Mother. Her big appointment is tomorrow, where we sit down and go over ALL of her test results, and figure out what, if anything, we need to do next. We got most everything checked off at the VA today, save for a question about how best to treat Himself's weather-impacted sinuses with his heart issues. The Cardiac receptionist was not exactly cooperative, so Himself sent them a message directly. For the record, he will also be seeing his Primary doctor next week.

The other big thing today was my attitude: I got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, hit the reset button a few times, but always seemed to circle back to the growly-snappy state - and for the record, yes, the full moon is tomorrow. To bypass a bunch of whining and complaining: I realized I'm (once again) feeling "stuck and powerless," unable to move forward while I lack any sort of discretionary income to help me unstick myself. Back to the first steps again, I suppose...

After the Queen Mother's appointment tomorrow, I am intending to work out with Himself and take in a caregiver support group. Goddess grant me these things!  

No comments:

Post a Comment