Sunday, August 25, 2019

Day 324: on being accommodating

The Queen Mother was complaining this morning that her itchy red spots were getting worse, not better. Since we haven't changed shampoo, hand soap, dish soap, laundry soap, or anything along those lines, I looked the one thing that had changed: Inkblot choosing her bed as one of his new "favorite spots." So when we got back home, I washed her sheets and blankets, our sheets and blankets, sprayed her bed (with a spray that happens to target fleas), changed out her linens, and treated the cats for fleas as well. (Pippa hates me at the moment; Inkblot forgave me when I offered him some treats.) I shall see if this helps her itching issues; if not, we might have to revisit Urgent Care and/or her doctor's office.

Before the additional huswifery, Himself and I made it to our Sunday Support group, where we happily shared the news of our good fortune. One of the members brought some books to give away, and I took three of them, one non-fiction and two fiction. Neither of the fiction books is Science-Fiction, so I'm going to be broadening my horizons a little. One looks to be a rom-com along the lines of Crazy Rich Asians, the other a story of how a woman put her life back together post-divorce. I'll update everyone on how the reads go.

On our way home, we stopped at Walmart so I could get myself something I have been wanting for some time: a new teapot. I had an electric one for a long time, until late last year when it was invaded by ants. (I wonder sometimes if our condo wasn't built atop an anthill!) They got into the circuitry part of the kettle, so I had to throw it out. I have been making do with a smail sauce pot, but I would often have to wash it out before brewing my tea. Now I have an actual teapot dedicated to nothing but water for tea! It has been treated to produce lovely rainbow style colors on the outside, so I'm calling it my "Groovy Teapot." I'll see if my phone cooperates enough to take a picture of it so I can share it here tomorrow.

I arrive at the end of another day tired but very satisfied. I still have my Master Huswifery list, and there are things still to be checked off of it. I continue to work my way down it. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sending all good thoughts! I'm so appreciative of the reminder that small things make a difference. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do indeed! Appreciate the support. :)

    ReplyDelete