Sunday, August 4, 2019

Day 303: on a superb sunday

I made myself an egg sandwich for breakfast, then brought some much needed order to the chaos that is the recycling area. I changed out the litter in the cats' box, took some newspaper and cans outside into their bins, and took out the trash, along with a bag of old pill botttles, with their labels removed. I got a jump on the next load for the dishwasher and swept the kitchen floor. Dinner was some much needed comfort food: my mac and cheese with a salad, then some dark chocolate balls for dessert.

Besides paying bills tomorrow, I am going to do a bit of harness shopping. There have been coyote sightings in our complex this week, and something scared Pippa so badly last Monday that she hasn't been outside again since, and has only recently emerged from hiding in our closet! The harness is going to be for Inkblot, who is not a happy boy being "indoor only." He has the right temperament to be harness trained and to go on adventures. (I lost one little boy cat in 1998 to an outdoor tragedy, and I'm NOT going to lose another one.) I've been pricing harnesses online and I can get a decent one for between $15-$20, which is doable right now.

There was one final change of plans for the week: the Sunday evening person "forgot" they were supposed to have a shift at the Club this evening, so Himself found himself pinch hitting once more. He's back home and showering as I type.

Personally, I had a good day, even though some did not. I will be lighting my Peace Candle tonight and chanting some mantras for Kuan Yin.

No comments:

Post a Comment