Thursday, August 29, 2019

Day 328: on socializing and floating

Himself and I made it to the luncheon in plenty of time to find parking and settle in. There were about a dozen of us in total; some familiar faces, many new ones. We ate at the Olive Garden in Carlsbad. I tried their new Creamy Mushroom Ravioli, which was mighty tasty. Himself had their Lasagna, but we're not sure if it completely agreed with him.

We had to do a spot of grocery shopping before returning home, so I stopped in at both Trader Joe's (and enjoyed the Samples of the Day), and Major Market (in the same complex). At the latter store I got some cucumber sushi and seaweed salad, something I haven't done in a long time. The sushi and salad were my dinner for tonight.

It has been a bit more than a week since the "gift" from the Veteran's Adminstration, and I am very much feeling the difference. Before, I was very much in the depths: it was dark, I could barely see beyond my nose at times, and the pressure was so intense, there were times I thought the life would be squeezed out of me. If I was able to wash my hair on a given day, I felt like I had accomplished a lot. If I could get the trash out of the house on another day, it felt like a Big Deal. Some days I felt lucky if I could move forward by only fractions of inches.

Then the bonds that tied me to the weights broke, and I zoomed up to the surface. Now I can see far in every direction, and everything looks vibrant. Now I can move freely, and go far with only a little (comparative) effort. I will admit, that I've felt more like floating than actively moving these past few days, but I like to think I'm getting my bearings and feeling what it's like to live with a sense of "normalcy" again. I have told myself to wait and see what happens come the new moon, which is tomorrow, and then choose a direction to strike out in.

Genuinely looking forward to seeing what tomorrow brings, for the first time in a while. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment