Monday, August 26, 2019

Day 325: on fitting things in

Himself had the idea to take our old water jugs back to Palomar Water and switch them out for a pair of full ones. When we got to the office, there were a couple of refurbished models on sale for decent prices, cash only. Himself paid $30 to upgrade us to a hot-and-cold water dispenser. True to their advertising, the hot water was hot and the cold water was cold. I thought briefly about returning my Groovy Teapot, but both Himself and the Queen Mother said I should keep it, so I will. Besides, I owe y'all a picture of it at least. 

As we were leaving for Palomar Water, Inkblot tried to sneak out of the house. I caught him and put him back inside before he had gotten too far, but because he was showing interest, I put his harness on him and took him outside after we got back. He sat for a long time in the shade, then abruptly stood up and began to walk to the left. I let him lead me around, so he wound up taking me for a walk to the other side of the complex. He ate some grass, then looked like he was starting to eye the back fence to see if he could jump it. 

I turned him around and took him home, carrying him half of the time, and walking with him half the time. I knew it was time for us to go home because he was starting to pant. (Yep, it was hot.) I gave him some water and treats when we finally returned, and he spent a lot of time resting on the cool tiles of the kitchen and bathroom floors. From what the Queen Mother told me, it looks like one of our next purchases will be for Pippa, as she seems to have gotten over whatever spooked her and is now interested in Going Outside once more. 

Once I had rested and had dinner, I moved to gather up the trash. All of our bins are now empty, and what hasn't gone to the complex dumpster already is waiting in the green wheeled bin in our patio, which we cart over to the main dumpster when it's full. I was happy to get that done in slightly cooler weather, before sunset. 

Tomorrow may or may not be an early day; we shall see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment