Saturday, August 24, 2019

Day 323: on diving in

Today was a good day for huswifery. :)

I got the laundry done, dried, and put away. The dishwasher is taking care of our dishes as I type. I helped Himself with recycling, and finally got the glass bin in our patio emptied out. I took a couple of bags of our miscellaneous recycling out to the bins closest to our unit in the complex; they were mostly empty, which was very good. Sometimes the weekends are when they fill up the fastest. I also got very brave and tackled cleaning out the Queen Mother's commode. It's going to be a multi-day project, but even there I made some headway.

Himself and I also paid a visit to Target while the laundry was being washed. I needed to make an exchange of items first. I had asked Himself to grab some things from Target yesterday, and he got some dish soap when I had asked him for dishwasher detergent. They are two different things, and I really didn't want a foamy mess coming out of the dishwasher midway through its cycle. I showed him the difference in the store. I also found what looked like the last spray bottle in the store. Now that I have it, the ants had better run for their little lives! (The last one broke while I was using it, and I didn't have a replacement immediately handy.)

The Queen Mother herself continues to micromove her way through the days. She can be rather grumpy when she first wakes up, especially if her nausea is present. She has taken mid-day naps, which sometimes help, and sometimes don't. Once she has dinner, though, I see signs of improvement, and she seems to be better in the evenings. I continue to play it by ear.

Tomorrow will feature more Huswifery, for there is still recycling that needs to be carried back into the patio, and trash to be gathered and carted away. Himself and I are also going to attend our Sunday Support group, provided the Queen Mother isn't feeling too blah in the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment