Thursday, August 8, 2019

Day 307: on a touchy-feely thursday

It was one of those days where I felt like I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, and my usual tools helped for brief periods of time, but I still felt out of sorts most of the day.

If I'm going to be totally honest, I am having significant difficulty feeling compassion for the human race at this moment, and for that part of myself which is also human. It's a good synchronicity that I'm working with Kuan Yin, the Mother of Compassion, at this time. I will be taking this to my altar tonight: You feel the Compassion because I can't! and if You could help me find mine again, that would be awesome!

Maybe I'll have myself an Impossible Whopper tomorrow. They have arrived in San Diego and are a step up from Burger King's previous attempt at veggie burgers. Interestingly enough, I have been hungrier than usual all week. I have been advised that this is the physical body trying to "catch up" with the spiritual growth spurt I'm undergoing at this time. I don't feel particularly spiritual at the moment, but I will allow for that explanation to be just as true as any other.

Whatever else, tomorrow will require an early start to the day, as we need to get the Queen Mother over to Greybill Radiology by 10am for her bone density test. Never mind Serenity; Goddess grant me Patience!

4 comments:

  1. Did you see the Franciscan Benediction I posted on Instagram? It helped ease my troubled heart. I know not everyone believes in the same higher being, but the sentiment should be the same.

    I have heard good things about the Impossible Burgers. Will be interested to see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did see the benediction today, and I will be going back and saving it. Didn't wind up having the Impossible Whopper today; maybe next Friday. Will share my thoughts.

      Delete
  2. I hope you had an easy day. We are living in crazy times and dealing with it all tries any sane person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am reminded of the Chinese curse, "May you live in Interesting Times." These would definitely qualify. :p

      Delete