Friday, August 16, 2019

Day 315: on stepping back in

Yesterday did not start off the best and didn't get significantly better, and it was mainly a self-inflicted reaction to muffed expectations and mis-steps blown way out of proportion. Based on what I noticed after I got home this evening, yesterday's meltdown was also a big marker of Pre-Menstrual Sensitivity, so at least I'm not yet ready for an extended stay at the Psych Ward.

We got the Queen Mother to her appointment yesterday just before the 15 minute cutoff for tardiness. If we had been one minute later, we would have had to reschedule. Besides the gallstones, it was revealed that she has osteoporosis in her hips, so if she falls, that's what is most at risk. Her spine, on the other hand, is still reasonably strong, even if she says it hurts like hell. She is going on Fosamax and we are also going to see if we can find her a petite "donut" cushion for what cushion she has left on her backside.

Once she got home yesterday, she said she felt a bit off, which progressed to feeling "way off" by this morning. My best guess at this moment is that all the stress and effort it takes to leave home and then return again causes a gallstone attack, which she then needs some time to recover from. She seems to have recovered from it by the time we came home this evening, and in fact is staying up a little later than usual to watch one of her favorite shows, NCIS Los Angeles. I am keeping this tendency towards gallstone attacks in mind when booking future appointments for her.

Against the earlier backdrop of uncertainty around the Queen Mother, though, I needed first to drop Himself up for his shift behind the coffee bar at the Alano Club, then return home to make sure mom was okay, then come back down to head up my meeting (as there would not have been anyone else available to do it), and finally pick Himself up from the Club and return home. Today was not as stressful as yesterday was, but the ambiguity present kept me on my toes and on a bit of an edge. 

With all of the minor mishaps and "near misses" of yesterday, I finally declared myself Done and promptly had a full blown meltdown. Besides the aforementioned PMS, I had to admit that I was feeling Really Super Tired, all the way in to my bones. What I need is rest, but outside of my days of bleeding, it doesn't look like I'm going to find it anytime soon. At least those days are actually closer to unfolding than I first thought!

At any rate, I am feeling better now, as I am home, the Queen Mother is feeling much better as well, and we are all resting, even the cats. Tomorrow will be a new, easier and more casual day, and perhaps one where I can find a solution to those pesky ants!

No comments:

Post a Comment