Saturday, August 10, 2019

Day 309: on a summery saturday

With Himself down in San Diego, it was a good day to read, to write, to color, and to nap with the cats. It was also a good day to bring the trash can back in, load the dishwasher, and wipe down the counter tops. The Queen Mother put in her two cents, so we started going through her closet as well. I found some pairs of slippers she had forgotten she had, so she tried them on. These slippers will stay and those slippers can be given away. So it begins once more...

Looking in the closet, I see the boxes and boxes full of wrapping paper and ribbons and bows; along with the bags, we probably have enough materials right now to give a holiday and/or birthday present to everyone in San Diego county, at the very least! It comes from the family tradition of Saving the Wrapping Paper instead of ripping it to shreds when opening one's presents. Looks like I'll have that to co-sort through as well. Meaning: I'm going to be doing the "heavy lifting" and the Queen Mother will be giving her ayes and nays.

The one bad thing about being home by myself with the Queen Mother is her lack of short-term memory, particularly when she's obsessing over something, whether it's the part of the rug that needs vacuuming or the alleged mental health of the cats. I suspect she forgets that she made the same point ten minutes, half an hour, three hours before, and it comes off sounding like she's nagging or harping. I have to remind myself several times over, It's not her, it's her disease, and NOT to take it personally, Just for Today if nothing else! I'm still working on retraining my mind in that regard. 

Fun with food today as well: an egg sandwich for breakfast, veggie gyoza with ramen noodles and a salad for dinner. As Saturdays are my "easy" days, most of the time, schedule-wise, I don't feel rushed or pressured to whip up something quickly to eat. I actually have the opportunity to enjoy my meals, unless the Queen Mother has a bee in her bonnet. ;)

Planning on attending the Sunday Support Group with Himself tomorrow. We shall see what unfolds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment