Saturday, August 31, 2019

Day 330: on a better day

Today was a day to sleep in after yesterday ended the week with a bang.

Yesttrday, Himself had a pair of visits to make in the VA medical system: the Pharmacy in La Jolla first, to pick up a prescription, then his Primary doctor's office in Mission Valley. It was the second visit that threw everything off, as the people in the front failed to notify the doctor in the back that we were there, even though we let them know that we were waiting several times, and it was about an hour before we were actually seen. Then his actual appointment lasted another 45 minutes or so! Fortunately, he wasn't as sick as he thought he might have been - which is to say, not at all.

It was about 4:15 pm when I finally dropped him off at the Alano Club for his shift, and I still had to head back home to get the Queen Mother's dinner ready. I got smart and took an alternate route home to bypass most of the commuting traffic, but I had a bit of an adventure getting to said alternate route. Let's just say I'm super grateful that there's an anti-collision system in the car!

I got home in about an hour, all told, and got the Queen Mother her dinner. Then I thought I would be nice and have dinner with her, only to be regaled with her latest obsession: how the cats are "suffering" now that they are "indoor only." The only thing that stopped her was turning on the TV for the news, which gave me the excuse to leave the table, as I don't indulge in that drama these days. After I was done with dinner, I had a nap, and eventually gathered my energy together to make the drive down back to San Diego to pick Himself up at the end of his shift. We wound up getting home just in time for me to help the Queen Mother into bed.

Today was much better. We all slept in, and deservedly so. When Himself and I  finally left the house, we got some recycling cashed in, a few more necessities purchased, and a bill or two paid before the banks closed for Labor Day. We came home in time for me to get the Queen Mother's dinner ready, then I went with Himself to his usual Saturday meeting. We went out to eat afterwards at our favorite Greek restaurant, and finished up in time for the "Sky Show," a big fireworks display one of our radio stations puts on each year for the Labor Day Weekend. It was an awesome show, and a soundtrack that brought back memories if you listened along on the radio station. We caught most of the display before we returned home.

Tomorrow Himself has a business meeting or two to attend in the morning, so I will be staying home and doing some more Huswifery. It will be a nice change of pace after a few days of being the Social Butterfly. Balancing these two modes of activity - Staying In and Going Out - will be the key for me to preserve my Sanity as I move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment