Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Day 327: on venturing out once more

Today flowed nicely, and I am grateful for that. :)

I managed to accompany Himself to his latest Cardiac session, and finally got an opportunity to move my muscles. Needed to make a few adjustments since I'm a bit out of practice, but I felt like I had accomplished good things when I was done. I walked on the fancy treadmill at the end of my session, and was entertained by watching a video of walking on the beach. I'll take this option over plain old TV any day of the week.

We had enough time between the session and Himself's appointment at the Pain Clinic to get some lunch. He got a chicken sandwich; I got a black bean burger with all the fixings and some salt-and-vinegar chips to go with it. I love salt-and-vinegar chips. They might not be number one all the time, but they're definitely in my top three.

Then it was a (roughly) five minute drive from Scripps La Jolla to the VA Medical Center, where we totally lucked out in finding a parking spot at the front of the facility. The disabled license plates do come in handy sometimes. It was a new physician Himself spoke with today, so there was a little more review than usual of Himself's previous medical visit. In the end, we're going to see if we can't get the VA to pay for some more chiropractic sessions, probably get a bit more physical therapy for Himself's shoulder, and see about free Yoga for Veterans. That would be nice.

We got home in a reasonable time this afternoon, and I prepared the Queen Mother's dinner as usual, then went and laid down to rest my back (speaking of chiropractic visits, I need to schedule a few for myself). When I was finally ready for dinner, I was content to have a nice big salad, mixing in some baby greens and mushrooms to the remains of a veggie antipasto salad Himself had brought home for me a few days ago. It was all very tasty.

Tomorrow I will be going with Himself to a social luncheon tomorrow to meet with friends. I am getting back into circulation and it feels lovely. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment