Sunday, August 18, 2019

Day 317: on stepping through the (emo) storm

I wasn't up to doing much of anything today, though I did manage to straighten up the Queen Mother's bed, mainly because she would stop by and bring it up every few minutes. She also remembered all by herself to write her letter to the doctor, taking much of yesterday and today to "think it over." I'm impressed with her remembering because it shows me that there are still parts of her mind that work, even if they're the parts that like to obsess over little details. Still, I have her letter now and will be dropping it off at the doctor's office next week sometime, per her wishes.

It might be a bit before I get up and going, though, for there will be the bleeding this week. I had a good long write about everything in the Morning Pages, which I was able to get back in to for the first time in a few days. Guess what - I didn't feel as cranky after I had finished. My best option to preserve my sanity is to remember the principle of Going Small: doing just what needs to be done on any given day, and dividing my Resting time into "bite sized pieces" so I can conserve my energy when I'm not doing anything in particular.

The Resting part might be a bit more emphasized than initially intended this week: in addition to my Moontime, I also felt the muscles above my left hip starting to seize up today. This has progressed to feeling that my lower back is waiting for an excuse to go out again. Between resting and wearing my heel lift when I'm walking around, I think I caught it so that my back won't go out. I just have to be a bit more careful for the next few days about moving around.

I don't know what, if anything, I will be able to get done this week. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment