Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Day 312: on stepping it up

I got myself going and got the laundry in the washer just in time for Himself and I to drive down to Jewish Family Service in San Diego. Today was a 2-for-1, as I told the receptionist: not only were we going to visit the food pantry, but I was also going to speak with the coordinator for their Alzheimer's Disease Initiative. As far as we know, the Queen Mother does not have Alzheimer's, but their doors are open for other species of dementia as well, and she definitely qualifies there.

My goal was to get a fresh set of eyes to look at everything I had done, and had not been able to do, at this point. The Coordinator was very friendly and enthusiastic, and by the time we were finished with our brainstorming, I was satisfied in what I had been able to do thus far, and I also had a decent game plan for the next steps.

Then it was a visit to the Pantry, which was a bit picked over by the time we got there, but I was still able to find some treasures, and Himself got some chocolate macaroons for me. Though he can't eat them anymore, I still can. We will be scheduling our final run for the year (if not permanently) for November. 

Even with a bit of traffic to contend with, and even with a stop to pick up a few necessities at Trader Joe's, we got home right around 4pm today. The only problem was that Himself was going to have to do a quick turnaround if he wanted to get to his scheduled Club Board meeting at 6pm. We ran out of time to make an official run to the laundromat to dry the clothes, so I went old school and hung everything up. The amazing part is that everything is almost dry, so we should be okay come the morning. 

Tomorrow the appointments become medical in nature, with Himself going first. There is a decent gap between his appointments, so we'll see about filling that gap. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment